Application Deadline: January 24, 2019
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: TBD – industry competitive rates relative to experience.
Term: Flex-Time, Contract, with potential for full-time
Fathom is looking for a SOCIAL MEDIA & JUNIOR PRODUCER to assist with current and future projects. This is a flex-time job with guaranteed part-time hours, with potential for full-time work. We are looking for a candidate that is social media savvy, highly organized, detail oriented, and a strong team player. We are looking for a candidate who is interested in documentary film production and distribution. There is strong potential for growth within the company.
The job includes:
- Managing all of the Fathom social media accounts, including posting, SEO and AD buys.
- Engaging with influencers, including organizing cross-posting and take-overs.
- Research: Including research for new and current film projects as well as content for social.
- Writing: press releases and company newsletter
- Research and writing for new projects, including treatment packages.
- Managing schedules and coordinating internal and external meetings.
- Task manager for projects. This includes running and managing the agenda for the weekly production meeting.
- Assisting in funding applications where needed, including CMF, OMDC, Rogers Doc Fund, etc.
- Monitoring and managing film festival applications
- Assisting in coordinating film shoots, including booking travel and liaising with crew.
- Filing, scanning, and general office admin.
- A passion for documentary films
- Experience working in team environments
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, as well as Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Working knowledge of WordPress, Squarespace, and MailChimp
- Knowledge of InDesign and/or Illustrator an asset
- Experience managing social media pages for brands or companies
- Experience in film production, including funding applications and business affairs, is an asset, but not required.
Workload: 2-3 days/week, scaling up to full-time possibly
Pay: industry rates as per experience
How to Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to Hannah@fathomfilmgroup.com. We are considering applications as they come, with an absolute deadline of January 24th, 2019. Only those considered for the project will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest!